Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to saving and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a glimpse at them. In that way, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a web portal, email accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by certain vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are often supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a great quantity of pics with chums or partners since the service is usually free. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your email box accounts. Some providers offer web page hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video files as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a site. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for particular web content exclusively.